Instead of hosting your event with single-use throwaway items, we offer 100% post-consumer reusable plasticware made by Preserve and secondhand goods donated or collected from thrift stores that are available for rent with washing service at affordable rates!
We offer four different types of place settings you can choose from to best match your event. Whether you’re throwing a casual afternoon barbecue to celebrate the beginning of the summer season or hosting an elegant dinner party or wedding, we have you and your guests covered.
We currently have enough materials (including specialty items like champagne flutes, mugs, and wine glasses) to equip events of up to 300 or more guests. If your event is even larger, please email our team. We may be able to partner with you to increase our capacity and meet your needs.
* We require Delivery/Pick-Up service. Delivery/Pick-Up is $10 each way to Mt. Crested Butte, Crested Butte, or CB South; and $30 to Almont or Gunnison. There is a small lost item fee ranging from $1-$2 per item depending on the item and our replacement cost. Full details are available in our rental agreement.
How it Works
- Fill out our form to request our materials.
- One of our team members will contact you to discuss your needs and work out the details including total fees and date, time, and location for our team to deliver and pick up your rented items.
- On the day of your event (or the agreed upon time), a team member will deliver items to your location. We’ll also include signage for you so that your guests know you are hosting a sustainable event and contributing to a waste-free future in the Gunnison Valley.
- During the event, celebrate your efforts to host a sustainable event! If it’s appropriate for your event, make an announcement thanking your attendees for supporting your efforts to hit the goals in the Crested Butte Climate Action Plan.
- After the event, gather all rented items together into the reusable totes and make sure they’re ready for pick up at the agreed upon time and location. A team member will pick them up and handle all of the washing for you.
“At Crested Butte’s Personal Chefs we really enjoy having an affordable and sustainable solution for our events. The dishes and flatware are a great option.”
Dana Zobs, Owner, CBPC
“The plates, napkins, mugs and silverware I rented were the perfect addition to my wedding tabletop set up and added such a fun blast of color to the table. The rental process was an easy transaction and very affordable!”
Lizzy Plotkin, Summer 2020 Bride